I have a new writing tool, its for song writing. The idea is to essintially write out a short story, more writing ;p, and then try to retell it as a song. Condense it. I plan to take the idea a bit further too. The full process is more for when I have say 2 or 3 lines pop into my head that I really like. Well how do you make that a full song? As it is I have tried stumbling along writing it line by line as a song. But I think thats unfocused. In the future I will let what ever lines truly flow, flow. Then I will take it and expand it out into a short story letting my brain play in the details of the story then I will go back to the initial idea which is to condence or reduce the story into a song. Its funny how the world connects. This idea is alot like cooking. Lots of sauces start with a big pot of juice, usually a broth and wine mixture, that you reduce or condence down. You end with less sauce but its much more packed with flavor. In the instance of the song its more packed with emotion.
Yay a shiny new tool that will sit in my shed collecting dust
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha. like cooking. haha awww you are ratatouille.
write a story about a girl with terrible cramps and a sock full of rice. thats my story.
Post a Comment