I'm a bad blogger. Four days no post. What has become of me. Well I spent one day reading Dry an amazing account of author Augusten Bourroughs fight with alcoholism. Maybe I'll do a book review later because it was such an amazing book its not even funny and I relate to it in a lot of ways. Which is sad because it sucks but good to know you aren't alone in the world in how you feel, react and respond.
I've not been keeping up with my writing in the past few days at all. I will have to correct this, though I have played my guitar alot and wrote some new riffs I treasure. I also worked on some covers to help me understand songwriting more and to help me develop my voice.
Current songs I can cover:
The Decemberists - Engine Driver
The Decemberists - We both go down together (about half of the song, working on the bridge)
Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down (This is a rough rough cover the guitaring is wierd)
Calibretto 13 - High Five (Fun fun fun song)
Saves The Day - Jessie & My Whetstone (Classic amazing song)
Songs I Plan on covering:
One Tin Soldier
Puff the magic dragon (To be honest I really would like to do this as a metal song)
and many many others.
I think its unfair that losing your mind doesn't drop a single ounce on the scales. Turkey day was a triumph. I went to a cowokers house. She just had family over so I got to sit in and observe. Her son Robert has auspergers. He is very smart for 11. He crochetes, has a million animals, and his favorite movie is the stand. He gets a little excitable at times like when we hog tied him with hand cuffs. It was funny I took pictures. Also while we were eating his uncle was talking about how he does lighting for celebrities and what not and Robert asked if he knew Britney Spears. And he said he has not met her. And Robert said "Thats too bad I wonder if she's really crazy. If she still had her hair I would like to put it in my mouth and chew on it." Hahah he randomly said stuff like this which would probably freak most people out but me it made laugh histerichally and feel a need to pee my pants. This kid intriques me. He would make a good little brother in the "big brother" program. If I was garunteed to get a genius kid like him I'd probably do it.
Cheers,
Tyler
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ahahahahahhaa. that is the funniest thing i have heard. haha. what a silly boy.
i can play puff the magic dragon. but just cords. and its just cute. i like to "travis" pick it. and its cute. not pete's dragon.
my tummy.
you're very very good at guitar.
Tyler Mayes...tricking people into thinking he's good at guitar one person at a time. Far too slowly.
Post a Comment