My Brightest Diamond:
I found this band when I saw the Decemberists in concert. She was pretty good, good enough to make my friend burn me the album. I've been listening to her cd "Bring me the workhorse" and what started as general interest has become full blown love. One of my favorite female vocalists ever now.
They Might Be Giants:
These guys have a new cd and its pretty good. Not thier best album, which is a toss up between NO! and Flood. Flood is classic TMBG and NO! is a kids album that will be a mainstay for my kids whenever I have them. I like TMBG because they are random and silly and nonsensical. And they aren't crazy vulgar to be funny. Moxy Frouvous is the Canadian version of them and I love them too. I think Aquabats might be their ska version. All good bands. This particular album was not as amazing as thier other stuff, it was more like they made it to remind me of all thier other good stuff and to go back and listen to it. Which I will do when I have my computer with my music again.
Hot Hot Heat:
These guys are great. They remind me of a cross between I AM Robot, an amazing amazing band, and the new pornographers. I guess I consider all of these bands kind of like British Pop I dunno why none of them are probably from Britainland. I haven't put in alot of time listening so I won't put in alot of time writing
Architechture in Helsinki:
I really like these guys and while listening to the new album decided they remind me of a cross between Devo and The B52's. I want to listen more to this cd but I've been stuck on my brightest diamond.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force OST, and The Animaniacs OST:
I love love love OST's so much. So I listened to these and they were hilarity. ATHF is metal and Animaniacs feels like showtunes or something. All funny. I love laughing so much.
Needing to listen to:
- The Bees
- Battles
- Clientele
- The New Pornographers (New CD)
- This other band who's name escapes me right now but reminds me of 50s music infused with indie.
- Jeremy Enigk
Next I think I will write a blog about my top 5 concerts off all time.
1 comment:
We saw the aquabats together.
is that 50s band Saturday Looks Good to Me? They remind me of 50's.....
Post a Comment