Monday, November 26, 2007

Songwriter

I wrote a bunch of lyrics last night. I walked home and took a long way and stopped every few seconds to write. Time for the highlight reel.

This first part of this one just came to me. Its kind of a half round. The parenthesis part is sung starting half way through binding.

It was verbally binding
(I didn't say a word)
It was verbally binding
(I know what I heard)
You signed the dotted line
when your lips touched mine
Our tounges bore witness
when they entwined


Now its about a kiss obviously but i'm not sure if I like the two last lines. Some possible alternates.

I think our tounges will agree
from the moment they meet


or

I think our tounges would agree
If they were ever to meet

I dunno which to use I like all three :(

Song 2 I was thinking...you know I can write about anything like just pick a random word and write a song. Well I challenged myself with "wayward" Here is what i came up with. The first lines of each pair are sung out kind of long stretching the syllabls and should last as long as the second line.

Wayward & Windblown
With the world at your back and no place to go
Trampled & Downtrodden
Your life feels lost your soul forgotten

Pillaged & Plundered
You have lived your life with thunder (or
maybe: You have lived a life of color)
Brazen & Bolstered


Ok thats as far as I got but not too shabby starting with nothing but a word I've always enjoyed.

Thats all for now.

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

oh my. look at this lyricist. Impressive. I say. . .with those first 3 lines. you could use all 3. do it. why not. just in different verses. different coruses. genius. You're a lyrical genius.

really though. i like. they sound like poetry. so sing it. and then its song poetry. the best kind.