Friday, November 30, 2007

The Meh Bleh Blahg

Today it rained. Not just a little like normal but all day. I left the house at around noon into the dreary cold. My thought was its ok it will go away in an hour or so like normal. But the weather decided not to cooperate. I lived in Seattle for a day. Which is annoying when you are walking and taking the bus everywhere. At least my camel hair jacket was good at keeping the water at bay. Which is weird to me because camels are from the desert and it never rains in the desert, except today when it rained here in Las Vegas a desert. Shows you what I know.

For lunch I had Korean BBQ. I have had it before back home in Kentucky and decided to have it again. When I first sat down I looked at the menu and saw the prices. $18.00 for the cheapest item. Wowza. And I was trapped I couldn't just leave...I already ordered water. Then I noticed the little lunch special insert. $8.00 whew. I can handle that. So I ordered the spicy pork, I like spicy I like pork thats the definition of win/win.
How is that for presentation? I was at this restaurant for some time as I decided to write a little story while waiting for my food. Well I didn't stop writing till I hit 6 pages written. Not bad for just flowing from brain to paper. It is a fiction piece my first foray into the format. I might post it up when I get a chance to type it out. I also stopped and bought a package of pens and some groceries. Fairly productive day. Despite being out for six hours. Oh well you can't win them all at least I wasn't using gas and destroying the planet. And I got the exercise from walking. Always good.

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

We got all that rain too, but in the form of snow. So thats fun. I think I like snow better than rain in the winter time. Rain just seems harsh when its cold. WET. Bleh. But snow is pretty and only wet after a while. First its all fluffy. And. .. also.. .good job with the story. I say its good for your first stab at fiction. Fiction is hard. You just have to imagine it all and describe what you see. I dunno. I'll edit it if you want. :)