Monday, December 31, 2007

A wierd thought

I went into the breakroom earlier and the TV was on the military channel and the guy hosting the show was an ex navy seal sniper. Most people probably think oh hey cool etc. Or just don't even think at all. The only thing I could think was. Wow most people who murder get locked up and thrown in jail. Abhored. But here we go and give the guy a tv show. Specifically because he was really good at killing. It makes me sick. It shows me how far the world really has to go to truly attain world peace. And part of me is filled with doubt that its even possible. Organizations like the UN and NATO fake you into believing its possible but is it really? For all the progress we make the whole thing is alot like plugging a dam about to burst. You fill one hole with your left hand then another opens up you cover it with your other hand then another hole. Now you are using your feet and your thighs and your face. Ok bad analogy but here is my point. We have been a long time without war. Our population is out of control. My thoery is that means war is inevitable. Because eventually we will reach a point were there are too many people for the available resources we have in the world. When it gets to that and people start getting hungry and thirsty and there are too many mouths to feed, not like now where there aren't really too many mouths to feed. Those hungry people in far off lands, and the street corner, are just a representation of greed. We have the resources to feed them its just to much work and we don't care enough. I mean when we literally do not have enough food or space for people. How will the world become? The poor will get desperate. I think it might be similiar to when there were REALLY poor people in Europe before we discovered new lands. Because they were tired and poor and didn't have what they needed and there was revolution. Then the world got some bigger pants and there was room to breathe. But now those pants are starting to fit a little tight. And before too long the button will pop. I plan to try and do my part. I wrote up some ideas I have for helping the homeless on my timed writing blog a few days back. Also maybe I should write a book about an overpopulated future. First I think i'll see what other books are out about it though.

End Ramble

Cheers,
Tyler

1 comment:

Randomness Incarnate said...

Sometimes my brain surprises me by what it thinks about.